Cognitive Defusion, one of the core concepts of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), is a therapeutic approach that I use in my practice to help people cope with the negative thought patterns that fuel depression, anxiety and other mental and behavioral health challenges. Through a series of exercises my clients and I work to limit the power of negative thoughts and see them for what they really are: Just thoughts.
- Fast Car: A Story of Generational Codependency
- Hustle Culture and Teen Mental Health
- New Report Offers a Comprehensive View of the Substance Use and Mental Health Crisis in the United States
- Social Media and Mental Health: Understanding the Risks and Protecting Your Teen
- Teen Tips: How to cope when your parent is an alcoholic or addict
She is waiting to hear from you. Schedule an appointment now.